Friday, August 1, 2008

Antarctica Photo


Since I declared my uninhibited interest in detritus, friends have sent me pictures of trash cans from around the world. Or they have sent letters that say, "I saw garbage and thought of you," or something to that effect. Kind of random; kind of great.

I recently received a picture of trash cans in Antarctica! Apparently they have a very thorough system during the "on ice" season (October - February) where the trash crew goes from building to building, collecting the waste and recycling.

Inside scoop: if you receive a love letter in Antarctica and put it in the paper recycling, it's fair game. Even if you tear it up, they'll piece it together (wow, that's a lot of time). "Antarctica: where your reputation has even more fun than you."

No comments: